Puttur: A KSRTC bus driver’s presence of mind prevented a major mishap as he took immediate action when smoke began to billow from the bus’s engine.
The bus was on the way from Puttur to Dhamasthala. He had come to Puttur from Somwarpet. On the way to Dharmasthala, the driver noticed smoke coming from the bus engine near the Mayura Inland complex on the town’s main street.
He immediately stopped the bus and asked the passengers to get off. Upon inspection, it was found that the battery contact wire had completely melted. Firefighters also arrived at the scene.
The public and passengers appreciate the driver’s attention to detecting smoke as early as possible and avoiding a major fire accident.